Monday, August 22, 2011

Rosemary

My herb for this week is Rosemary.

I have begun the process of getting my plants ready to come in for the winter.
I slowly reduce the amount of light the plants receive by moving them from the sunny deck
to the covered front porch. They will stay on the porch for a month.
I will collect rain water to water with.
I am thinking about repotting the plants too. This week would be the best time to do this.
The Rosemary grows best inside on the window sill in the dining room. Here on the south side of the house the winter sun
streams in nicely. I want the plants to thrive this coming winter. Perhaps some root room would be good.

I moved the plants to the porch and immediately was distracted by butterflies.



Monarch laying eggs is very exciting.
I will see about repoting tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment