Monday, July 25, 2011

Wild Bergamot

This week I am studying Wild Bergamot.
I have it growing in the backyard near one of the patios.
I love the smell.

It blooms from the middle of June until the first of August.
Bees and butterflies love it too.

It has been very dry so the Bergamot is finishing up early this summer. I have dried some for winter teas.
Catching the female Hummingbird nectaring was fun.

At every stage the Bergamot is a delight.

We counted 20 different insects on the plants.
I have tried growing Red Bergamot, Monarda, but it has never taken.

I shall try again.
I think I will go to the nursery this week and see if they have plants.


It is Monday....
It is Day out of Time for those who follow the Mayan calender.

Our break from the heat was short lived.

I am trying to find joy in the heat.
When I am out with the Wild Bergamot
I forget to be hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment