Monday, December 13, 2010

Tasty

This salt is the finest I have ever used.
I enjoy my grapefruit peeled with a sprinkling of salt.
Just thinking about how delicious this is makes me hungry!

I had a bowl of peeled grapefruit for breakfast while on vacation in Texas a couple of years ago. The grapefruit was freshly picked.
It was wonderful. I decided I must learn how to peel a grapefruit.
I looked on u-tube for a demostration video
on how to peel a grapefruit. It is easy to do. I have been practicing. I think I am ready to serve peeled grapefruit for Christmas breakfast.

We bought a slow cooker in November.
I have used it at least once a week.
My favorite slow cooked dish is soup.

Seems as if Sunday has become soup day.
Yesterday's soup was:

Potato Carrot soup
12 small golden potatoes cut into chunks
1 red onion diced
sliced carrots I used 12 small baby carrots.
sliced celery
salt and pepper
parsely

I covered the vegetables with water and slow cooked them for 6 hours.
I added salt and pepper right before I served. I sprinkled parsley on top for garnish.

There is enough soup for three dinners.
Tonight I added rice to our soup.

It was so tasy. Nice to have a quick hot soup when it is so very cold outside.

Soup is comfort food for me.

The cowgirl has entered the kitchen.
We eat a few eggs each week.
The shells we are using in our drip coffee
before sending them to the compost.
I do think it makes for a smoother cup of coffee.
We enjoy the good sweet potato.
I think for Christmas breakfast I will make
sweet potato hash browns.
The Fleur de Sel and white pepper will be
all they need.
I am learning how all the appliances
in my kitchen work.
We cleaned out the cabinets and drawers
in the Kitchen.
We organized our baking things.
We organized the pantry.
We organized the spice cabinet.
The Kitchen is ready to start the New Year.
I am going to do
meal planning in 2011.


I will be using different cookbooks,
that I check out from the library,
 for inspiration.


I want to eat seasonally
and as locally as possible.


Winter Solstice  pumpkin soup
sounds divine.

I will leave off the dry sherry
and the half and half.
Perhaps I shall serve
 a bit of cornbread on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment